VisioCare Services and The College of Animal Welfare
Head Nurse Congress takes place virtually this year on Thursday 16th September
After a long 18 months, the veterinary nursing community are excited to come together for this ever-popular and well attended event.
The College of Animal Welfare’s Head Nurse Congress 2021
VisioCare are proud platinum sponsors of this fantastic event. Here we take a look at some of the lectures and industry-expert speakers scheduled for the day.
We are acutely aware of the staffing crisis that the profession is facing right now, due to several factors including Brexit, Covid and a surge in pet-ownership. Head Nurses have been on the frontline, working hard to manage a fluctuating team.
Strong leadership in the face of adversity can inspire a team, it can motivate and empower. The role of head nurse supports not only the nursing team but also practice management and the vets in practice too. It requires strength, resilience and clever delegation.
As ever, there is an impressive line-up at congress this year. A total of 7 lectures throughout the day, with a full and diverse programme including:
- How to Be an Effective Head Nurse with Lindsey Dodd BSc(Hons) VPAC VTS(ECC) PgCert in HE FHEA RVN, CVS Group PLC
- The Development of the Head Nurse Role with Jill Macdonald, DipAVN (Surgical) RVN FHEA, Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Developing an Assertive Approach so You are Heard and Feel Valued with Carolyne Crowe BVetMed (Hons), BSc (Hons), MSc, Dip Coaching, Dip Stress, VDS Training Ltd
- Conducting Appraisals with Emma Stansfield RVN, Cert ECC, Cert CBC Coaching, Dip Stress Management and Wellbeing, VDS Training Ltd
- Time Management and the Art of Delegation with Whilmari Swift RVN, Vet Dynamics
- Managing Leadership and Wellbeing with Dr Rosie Allister, Vetlife
- Encouraging your Team to Promote the Role of District Veterinary Nurses within the Community with Carla Finzel RVN, Founder of the Veterinary District Nurse role
To book your place or for more information: www.caw.ac.uk/events/head-nurse-congress
Through our pets app, myBuddy we always provide the best guidance we can to help you with issues that affect your pets, whether cats, dogs, rats, rabbits or reptiles. However, we would always recommend you call your vet or get in touch via the myBuddy app.
VisioCare myBuddy Pet App is a great way for Veterinary Nurses to engage with clients directly. This 2 way communication app significantly enhances client satisfaction too. The new ‘hospitalisation feature’ allows nurses and vets to update clients when their pet is in for a procedure by message, video and photos. Imagine: No forgotten call-backs and videos of their pet recovering nicely after anaesthetic. This little app saves you time, by making those lengthy post-op phone calls a thing of the past. Clients can book their own discharge appointments and it’s completely free for your client to download. With 94% of the population now owning a mobile phone, this a service your clients will love and your nursing team too.